Running Injuries: Get Back on Track with Precision Physiotherapy
Running injuries can be a frustrating setback for both novice and seasoned runners. These injuries often stem from cumulative micro-trauma caused by repetitive overuse, rather than sudden incidents. In fact, according to Runner's World, around sixty-five percent of all runners experience a running-related injury in a given year.
At Precision Physiotherapy, we understand the unique challenges faced by runners and offer specialized evaluation and treatment for running injuries. Some common running injuries that may require physiotherapy attention include:
- Calf (Gastrocnemius/Soleus) Strains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hip Bursitis
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Patellofemoral Pain (Kneecap Problems)
- Shin Splints
- Hamstring Strains
- Tibialis Posterior Tendonitis
Your Journey to Recovery Starts with Evaluation
When you come to Precision Physiotherapy with a running injury, we begin with a comprehensive evaluation. This evaluation consists of:
- A detailed review of your past medical history
- A discussion of your current complaints and symptoms
- An exploration of factors that exacerbate or alleviate your condition
- An inquiry into any past or ongoing treatments
Following the discussion, our team conducts a thorough physical examination, which includes assessments of:
- Muscle strength
- Mechanics of your feet, knees, hips, and pelvis
- Observation and analysis of your running style (gait analysis)
- Evaluation of your footwear and any orthotic devices if used
How a Physiotherapist Can Support Your Recovery
Our experienced physiotherapists can assist runners in both recovering from injuries and reducing the risk of recurrence. Key areas where we can offer guidance and assistance include:
- Running Technique: Enhancing your running form to minimize strain on your body.
- Thigh and Calf Strength: Building strength in essential leg muscles to support your running.
- Hip/Core Stability: Improving the stability of your hip and core muscles to prevent injuries.
- Flexibility: Ensuring flexibility in quadriceps, hamstrings, and calf muscles.
- Foot Mechanics: Addressing excess pronation and optimizing your foot's biomechanics.
- Shock Absorption: Strategies to reduce the impact on your joints and soft tissues.
- Training Strategies: Advising on factors like training frequency, duration, distance, and environment to prevent overuse injuries.
Conservative care is crucial for running injuries, as pushing through pain can lead to lasting damage that hampers your training and performance. Our physiotherapists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of running injuries, helping you recover and return to your running routine safely.
Ready to Overcome Your Running Injury?
Don't let a running injury keep you from your passion. Contact us today at [phone number] to learn how Precision Physiotherapy can help you get back on track. Your next great run is just around the corner